I have been taking Curcumin for over 12 years.
I started when I got the news that I was pre-diabetic.
At that time I weighed around 150kg, (330 pounds).
I made a lot of changes to my supplements, and some changes to my diet.
I haven’t managed to maintain any of the weightloss, in-fact I’ve put weight on.
However, 6 months later, I was no longer pre-diabetic, and I’ve had good blood sugar results since then (written in September 2022).
I buy my curcumin from: https://www.turmeric-curcumin.com/ (not an affiliate– I get no material benefit for sharing this link).
That website is basically a single product shop with a long list of quotes from scientific studies that have shown that Curcumin in small doses is beneficial to humans for disease prevention, disease management, and good health. The company ships internationally, and there are steep discounts for bulk buys.
The FDA has classified curcumin as generally safe in small doses.
The reason I take curcumin is here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5664031/
The authors state that benefits of curcumin could include:
- Benefit to inflammatory conditions
- Benefit to metabolic syndrome (insulin resistance, hypergylycemia, high blood pressure, etc)
- Could help in the management of degenerative eye conditions such as macular degeneration
- Might have benefit to kidneys
- Antioxident (improves systemic markers of oxidative stress)
- Benefits to arthritis
- Could reduce markers of brain aging and liver injury in healthy people