Things we eat every day can be extremely healthy.
I learned about the benefits of cinnamon from World’s Healthiest Foods, which is an amazing website by a guy called George Mateljan.
I started taking it in capsule form 3 days per week around 2017.
Next time the Doctor (GP) checked my cholesterol, triglycerides, and blood sugar, they were noticeably lower.
Why is this?
- Cinnamon contains antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory properties. This study https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22007625/ says that cinnamon has “anti-microbial, anti-fungal, antiviral, antioxidant, anti-tumour, blood pressure-lowering, cholesterol and lipid-lowering and gastro-protective properties”.
- According to this article https://badgut.org/information-centre/health-nutrition/cinnamon/ from the Canadian Society of Intestinal Research, Ceylon cinnamon can sometimes help balance blood sugars because it improves insulin sensitivity, slows the rate that your stomach empties, and improves glycogen synthesis in the liver.
- This study https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30799194/ found that taking cinnamon decreased body weight by an average of 1kg over 12 weeks or more.
- This study https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30935562/ found that taking cinnamon reduced fasting blood sugar by 19 mg/dL.
- This study https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28887086/ found that triglycerides reduced by an average of 23 mg/dL when taking cinnamon and total cholesterol reduced by an average of 13mg/dL. This effect got bigger the longer cinnamon was taken over 16 weeks.
- This study https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27618575/ found that four research groups and gotten type 2 diabetics to less than 7.2 fasting blood sugar results using cinnamon supplementation.
For me, supplements are a way to love my body into health. They’re something I can do to make my body healthier and make my mood better.
I only take Ceylon Cinnamon because it has the least amount of coumarin which can be harmful for my liver. I also take cinnamon in small doses and not every day.
I buy Ceylon Cinnamon either from here: https://au.iherb.com/ or https://www.pipingrock.com/
Hope you enjoyed this article, and absolutely live your best life supplements or no.
None of the links in this article are affiliate links. All of the pictures are taken by me, unless otherwise noted.
5 thoughts on “Sweet Healthy Cinnamon…”
Wow! Cinnamon huh? Never heard that before.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’m not sure what you’re asking? Can you clarify? I take ceylon cinnamon. Do a google for extra info before you decide which one to take 🙂
It’s always great when something is healthy AND tasty!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes, completely agree!