Can you think of a completely natural couple’s ritual that brings good sleep and feels great? One that is soothing, low cost, and doesn’t require a great deal of effort or attention?
And is just so happens that my husband is great at them. 🙂
It’s back massage!
Massage is effective to aid:
- Some chronic pain
- High blood pressure
Massage may induce:
- Improved circulation
- Stimulation of lymphatic system
- Increased Joint Mobility
- Heightened mental alertness
We have an awesome massager that originally came from The Body Shop
Straight after massage, we usually release lots of endorphins with dry brushing.
Dry Brushing may:
- Open pores
- Exfoliate the skin
- Stimulate the lymphatic system
- Increase circulation
- Help aid relaxation
- Be bad for people with very sensitive skin
A dry brush is like a hair brush for your skin.
Finally we take out the Lavendar Moisturiser
Lavender seems to have:
- Antibacterial effects
- Antifungal effects
- Antianxiety effects
- Antidepressant effects
- Some pain relieving effects
Cheap Cheats Recipe for Lavender Moisturizer:
¼ Cup sorbolene cream with or without glycerine or other plain moisturizer
Between 2-10 drops of lavender oil as preferred
Between 2-10 drops of other essential oil/s as preferred
- Mix carefully
- Store in a container with an air-tight lid, preferably screw top
- Avoid extreme temperatures
- Spot test thoroughly before applying
- Discontinue use if irritation occurs and/or add less or different essential oils next time
- This is a really fun project, you can use old moisturizer containers to make your own yummy smells.
- You and your husband can make your own different yummy smells.
- Also makes a nice gift if you put it in a lil jar for Christmas etc with a bow and some decorations.